Labels



April 11, 2008

JIN HAS A TEMPER TANTRUM ON THE GOLF COURSE. MISSING PIECES 11.

Let's talk about LOST!  Missing Pieces 11: Jin Has a Temper Tantrum on the Golf Course.



{Jin, Hurley, and Michael are playing golf. Jin is putting; wearing one handcuff.}

Hurley- "All right Jin, you sink this putt, you win."

Michael- "He can't understand you."

Hurley- "He can feel me, dude. He can feel me."

{Jin misses the shot}

Michael- "Yes!"

Hurley to Michael- "Congratulations, dude. {To Jin} It's all right, Jin. you'll get him next time."

{Jin has one hell of a temper tantrum. Yelling in Korean pacing around}

Jin- " No. Why? Why can't I hit the ball in the hole?"

Michael- "Hey it's okay man, it's only a game."

Jin- "Shut up! Don't pity me!  All I wanted was one thing to go right!"

Hurley- "You can't…"

Jin- "Do you want to say something? You don't talk for once. You don't talk! How can I lose to both Hurley and Michael?"

Hurley- "I think I heard our names in there somewhere."

Jin {Starts yelling to the sky!} - "I hate this horrible island. Why doesn't anybody understand me? All I wanted was one moment of happiness!  Why? Why can't I be happy? Who invented this crazy game? No! You horrible ball! Why?"

Michael- "Maybe we should do something?"

Jin- "Please take this handcuff off! I'm going crazy."

Jin- "You don't care about me, do you? Don't look at me with pity in your eyes. I've beaten men for lesser offenses!"

{Hurley says to Michael who's walking toward Jin} - "Eh, don't touch him. Let him get it out."

Jin- "No! You horrible ball! Why couldn't you go in the hole? You horrible ball! Why? Why? Why?"

Hurley- "Maybe we should take a break from golf for a while."

Jin sits down and cries- "I'm so alone. I'm so alone."

{Michael picks up the golf bag; he and Hurley walk away.}



GREAT MOBISODE!!!!!

Let's break it down.

* Golf- Scottish- Desmond. Gentlemen's game.
* Communication is the name of the game here.
* "He can't understand you" says Michael, but Hurley {I can't help but see him try to do a Jedi move on him to get the ball to go in} tells Michael "He can feel me." WOW! That's FRIGGIN' important!
* "Why doesn't anybody understand me?"   I think that they can understand each other. At least I've gotten hints to them in other circumstances understanding each other.
* "I'm so alone"- Jin is not alone. None of them are alone. But here, with Jin saying this line with so much hurt in his voice, I wonder if he is without Sun. But wait…
* Clues to sink, below, sub, etc… What are they trying to tell us IS under something?! Are they below something? Is the "Island" under something? Are we seeing a hint to something with the golf ball going in the hole? Was something supposed to go in a hole but missed? Or is this another clue to "down" in a hole; a rabbit hole?!!!  Who or what is in a hole?   Damn it! TELL ME ALREADY!!!!
* I find this part VERY important...When Jin is yelling to the sky, it's almost as if he knows someone is up there watching and he wants them to hear him! Are they under or below somewhere? It's bizarre.
* They are all in a "game".    Is Jin aware of that?  He wants to know who invented this game!  That line brings me again to, who is orchestrating the "game" on the "Island"?
* Jin wants his cuff removed. He wants his ties removed; to be happy and free.
* Even though Jin's temper tantrum is happening with the golf game, it's not only about the game.


These Mobisodes are amazing. I understand that they are missing pieces to the puzzle, but I can't help but notice there is a different "feel" to what we are seeing.   Most of the Mobisodes have me questioning tons of things.
One question I ask with a few of these is, are we're seeing a different time on the "Island"?
Another other question is, hold on because I'm going to say it…Are we seeing a twins or really two version of things?
I was told Matthew Fox was credited with being in this episode. WTF?!  Where?  Is it about Jack?
Also this episode was released in a clear version to the public on the day it goes out to Verizon subscribers. Why would that be? A clue perhaps?
The creative team over at LOST doesn't do ANYTHING without cause or purpose.
They know we're out here analyzing every movement, so why say something about Matthew Fox, and why the clarity to the rest of us who don't subscribe to Verizon.

Vocabulary and Research...
* Temperare (to mix correctly) is the Latin origin of words like "temperature" and "tempering"; it and come, in turn, from tempus (time or season). Thus, the word "temper" can refer (at least informally) to any time. Or, temperature-sensitive process (as for chocolate tempering or tempered glass), a material's thermo-mechanical history (including cold work and cryogenic hardening), or even its composition.
* Temper (plural tempers) A tendency to anger or lose patience easily.
OR- The heat treatment to which a metal or other material has been subjected- a material that has undergone a particular heat treatment.
- To mix clay, plaster or mortar with water to obtain the proper consistency.
- To moderate or control.
* A tantrum is an emotional outburst wherein the higher brain functions are unable to stop the emotional expression of the lower (emotional and physical) brain functions. Usually tantrums are seen in children of the ages of 2-6 but sometimes 7-9; this is a very clear case of emotional disinhibition caused by immature forebrain development.
Drugs can also cause the higher brain functions not to control the lower functions of the brain due to increased agitation.
* GOLF- The first game of golf for which records survive was played in Scotland, in A.D. 1456, recorded in the archives of the Edinburgh Burgess Golfing Society. Golf is a very old game of which the exact origins are unclear. The origin of golf is open to debate as to being Chinese, Dutch or Scottish. However, the most accepted golf history theory is that this sport originated from Scotland in the 1100s.
The word golf is often claimed that the word originated as an acronym for "gentlemen only, ladies forbidden".
Golf balls are famous for "dimples".
A course consists of a series of holes, each consisting of a teeing area, fairway, rough and other hazards, and the green with the pin and cup.
A hole is classified by its par, the number of strokes a skilled golfer should require to complete play to the hole.
The word golf was first mentioned in writing in 1457 on a Scottish statue on forbidden games as gouf, possibly derived from the Scots word goulf meaning "to strike or cuff".
Golf Scoring:
Condor or Vulture (or triple-eagle), Albatross (or double-eagle), Eagle, Birdie, Par, Bogey, Double bogey, Triple bogey.
Golf has many rules and regulations, uses a handicap system, different types of shots, different types of clubs.
* A Condor, vulture or eagle I believe was the bird in the cartoon Jack was made to watch in his glass cell.


Just for laughs, and I mean just for laughs, because….
* FOX- is a member of the dog family. They are smaller in size.
- Huli jing Chinese: Pinyin: húli j--ng; huli means fox, and jing means spirit) in Chines mythology are fox spirits that are akin to European faeries or to the Japanese kitsune Huli jing can be either good spirits or bad spirits. In Chinese mythology, it is believed that all things are capable of acquiring human forms, magical powers, and immortality, provided that they receive sufficient energy, in such forms as human breath or essence from the moon and the sun.



I am guilty of reading too much into this one, but we are supposed to get something out of all of them. This is not only about Jin having a temper tantrum at the golf course.  For me, I get that we're supposed to wonder why mis-understood Jin is yelling to "someone" above him and his claims of being alone.
And I can't help but feel hints to another time on the "Island", an invented game, two sides to a person, or better yet, two versions of these people/go around.  Yes. I said it again.  Could it be that we see two "people" who look exactly alike but are very different or two versions of things?  Clues to something "below", what could it be?!!  Hmmm?!
Either way I have confused myself to the point of a dizzy spell!

Love to all who are "LOST" ™

Posted on MySpace 1/17/08

abc.com video. 

Disclaimer: I never claim to know everything about the show and my thoughts by no means make me right! The things I share here are my views and/or opinions. I don't claim to catch every single detail either! You all know I hate spoilers! And I stand clear of reading certain sites as to not take me off my own course of research. The one thing I don't need to do here is rehash all of the obvious clues from an episode, we all know what they are. Understood? Good! Let the fun begin! I'll only note things that I know come up as clues later, but need to be noted when they first show up and things I find that will be of importance! It will get very exciting as we progress into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments at Karen's LOST Notebook are being moderated. Any abusive comments or spam will be removed.