Labels



December 9, 2008

DSA WEEK 3. Muahahaha

DSA Week 3 is very interesting.

A free "NAMASTE" ringtone! Love that!!

Ok, this is just a thought, but..the first thoughts I had after reading the email and then watching the video was “comics”. You’re all going to think I really went off the deep end with this one, but bear with me.
Could it be that Darlton is giving hints via the comics?
I know, you’re asking, “But Karen, WTF does that mean?”
What the hell do I know? Maybe it’s on the idea of putting a call out for help, think Batman. When someone was in trouble they’d make a call on the Bat phone and/or light the Bat signal to call for help.
Let me go on…
The email goes on to tell us to expect something in episodes 501, 502, 503. They tell us that the writers suffer from a disease called Onomatopoeia. This is a form of linguistics. Onomatopoeia- Greek, (onoma, = "name") and (poieō, = "I make" or "I create") means "name creation.”
Created words that imitates the sound it is describing, such as "boom", "zoom", "click", "bunk", "clang", "buzz", or "bang".
Damon and Carlton call upon their friend Gregg Nations to present some of these special words.
A place we find such uses of these words is the world of Comic Books. {And the famous Batman show from the late 60’s. lol}






Are you a bookworm? I am!
Damon and Carlton show us a few books; including Harry Potter.
Darlton introduce two new very intense books to be hinted to in season 5 (507).

Damon reads a short passage from book Ulysses by James Joyce, page 316 to be exact. The book/passage is about Irish Nationalism, a game and mentions the name Hurley.

Stephen King’s book THE STAND is an AWESOME tale of the end of the world, with a bunch of chosen survivors on their trek to Vegas and partake in a gigantic battle of good vs. evil. The end of the world, two sides, Good vs. Evil….sound familiar?
Page 316 of this book mentions the word echo a few times.


Then the newest Dharma Logo is introduced.  Here’s proof of another station yet to be uncovered. Is the logo of a lamp post? It appears to be a beacon of some kind. A lighthouse perhaps, but a beacon nonetheless. {Light}

We have had many references to distress beacons in the show before. Henry Gale mentions it. Also "beacon" is mentioned in the episode The Economist. We also have the blinking red beacons on those who parachute, food drops, etc.

Things to note…Questions to ask…
* Comic Books? {The Flash-Green Lantern in Faster Friends shows two halves of a whole}
* Onomatopoeia is also a DC Comics super villain who faced the Green Arrow and Batman.
* Beacon- is used to guide navigators. A lighthouse is used for the same reason, but at sea.
* Beacon, New York.
* Beacon, Australia
-There are variations on the name in Canada and England.
* 316- Could it be the connection of 3:16 on Eko’s stick? Further Instructions for John to follow.
- The Western Jin Dynasty ends. The Jin Dynasty,
one of the 6 dynasties, followed the 3 Kingdoms period and preceded the Southern and Northern Dynasties in China.
- A new flight number?
* Two Sides.
* Huge battle.
* Hurley
* Will we see Eko again?
* How is Penelope Widmore playing into all this?
* Jacob.

There is no doubt that this literary show gives us hints to things about two sides, a huge battle, starting over, and so much more.
But in this case,with this email, are any of the literary clues coming from comic books?

Is the newest Dharma Station logo a hint to a lamp post or lighthouse, lighting the way to guide people into port, guide them home? Or is it a station to go to and put a call out for help?
Either way, I want in!
So….RRRINING! RRRINING! CALL ME!

PASSWORDS: LaFleur. Qilak. Adella Courey


Love to all who are “LOST”™


Disclaimer: I never claim to know everything about the show and my thoughts by no means make me right! Things I share here are my views and/or opinions. I don't claim to catch every single detail either. I hate spoilers! I stand clear of reading certain sites, as to not take me off my own research. The one thing I don't need to do here is rehash all of the obvious clues from an episode, we all know what they are. Good! I'll only note things that I know come up as clues in bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments at Karen's LOST Notebook are being moderated. Any abusive comments or spam will be removed.